Monday, June 24, 2013

McClelland's Frog Morton's Cellar: First Impression by a Noob

Frog Morton's Cellar is, by far, the most interesting tobacco I've tried. Is it good? Yes. Is it strong? Yes. Is it a lifetime/daily smoke. Heck, no.

Opening the tin, I was greeted with a familiar sweet, highly flavored aroma. My hackles were raised, "another overdone, syrupy aromatic" I thought.

I dumped the tin into my glass jar and saw the (in)famous cube of a stave (from a barrel of rum/cognac/wine?, I forget). Very cool. And not as strong smelling as one would expect.

First smoke: sweet, aromatic and...clean. Yes, clean! Hallelu-yah! I was expecting a cloying, sticky mess and this was very easy to smoke.

In sum, it is a good blend. Strong flavor, but clean. I don't see this a regular tobacco, but it is a hot date whose memory I will cherish.

No comments:

Post a Comment