Sunday, June 16, 2013

Scandinavian Tobacco Group buys pipesandcigars.com

I don't like politics or gossip, per se, but sometimes a bit of news drifts by me and I think it useful to pass on. In the realm of online pipe and tobacco retail, I regularly use www.pipesandcigars.com and www.smokingpipes.com. Both of these companies have done right by me and I will continue to patronize their online establishments.

I purchased a couple of new Stanwell pipes recently (unboxing video coming soon) from pipesandcigars.com and, like a good hobbyist, did some background research on the company. What I found was that the aforementioned online retailer was purchased by the parent company of Stanwell (The Scandiavian Tobacco Group (www.st-group.com)) back in April of this year.

Here's the press release:
http://www.st-group.com/index.php/press-releases/303-acquisition-of-pipe-tobacco-retailer-to-fuel-us-growth

I think this will reflect in more retail offers and discounts on their various brands which include:

  • Benson and Hedges
  • Borkrum Riff
  • Erinmore
  • Escudo
  • Half and Half
  • Orlik
  • Peter Stokkebye
...to name a few. They also own two legendary brands that are about to be re-released in the US market: Three Nuns and Capstan. (sold at smokingpipes.com)

The full list of brands can be found here: http://www.st-group.com/index.php/pipe-tobacco/complete-brand-list.

Needless to say the Scandinavian Tobacco Group is a big, big company that determines a lot of how the tobacco/cigar/pipe industry moves.



No comments:

Post a Comment