Friday, June 14, 2013

Dunhill Flake: "Medium strength flake of selected grades of Lemon and Bronze Virginias. One of Dunhill`s most expert blends of highest quality."


Oh yeah.

"Bright" Virginias, as they are known. High sugar content means a sweet, some say "creamy" flavor. I tried it once, and it rocked my world, in an understated and sublime way. The burn is clean leaving just a pile of white ash. There is not funky, syrupy aftertaste. Just a single clean note of, what I imagine to be, high quality Virginia tobacco.

This is a consistently highly rated tobacco which, if you haven't tried it, you definitely should to find out what all the fuss is about. After only five months of pipe smoking, this one has become my favorite and pulled me away from the sweeter, "cased" flavorings out there.

It's slightly more expensive than other tinned tobaccos, but not by too much. I found it on sale recently so I bought 25 (!) more tins, some of it to age. Apparently it ages beautifully and is reputed to hit a high note around three years old. I'll let you know....

No comments:

Post a Comment