Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Welcome to my blog.

I am a new pipe smoker and I thought it would be of prurient interest to the interwebs to jot down some of my discoveries and experiences on this magical journey.

Pictured below is one of my first pipes. A Savinelli Morino with a 6mm balsa insert for a "cool, dry smoke".
 I really like this pipe. This pipe uses a balsa wood insert to absorb moisture. It works pretty well because that thing is soaked through each time I change the insert. It's a little disgusting actually, so I change it more often than the recommended once every fourth bowl.

The only problem I've encountered is that the finish is blistering  due to the heat of the bowl. I haven't followed up to see if this is a problem with this particular style or if it's a problem with Savinelli in general. I'll continue to use it anyway.


No comments:

Post a Comment