Thursday, June 13, 2013

Maltese Falcon by G.L. Pease:
"Stylish, dark and alluring. Generous quantities of Cyprian Latakia are blended with matured Red Virginias, exotic orientals, and just a little bright flue-cured leaf to offer a deep, full-bodied yet silky smoke with an intriguing sweetness, enhanced by a discreet and mysterious spice. Maltese Falcon possesses an exquisite balance - a wonderful all-day English style mixture."

 
I just finished off a 50g tin of this brew.  Silky? Check. Sweet? Check. Discreet? Umm...

I enjoyed it's "deep, full-bodied" quality for about half of the tin. Then, because I alternate between English and Virginia blends, I got over it. The last half was a chore and I finished it to see how my taste and pleasure would evolve. It's got loads of orientals so be prepared. I don't see how this could be an all-day English, it's way too flavored. I felt strong cravings for the cleaner, simpler flavor of Virginias by mid tin.

Long story short, I liked it at first, then it felt too rich and "exotic".

I will not purchase this again; it was a nice affair that had to end.

No comments:

Post a Comment